MONOQI is the online destination for hand-picked design. Since 2012, we have dedicated ourselves to collecting hard-to-find and limited-edition design products. With an international team representing over 25 nationalities, MONOQI searches the globe for the best contemporary design, making strong curatorial selections.
MONOQI is seeking a full-time Product Photographer with extensive experience shooting packshots and lifestyle product photography – with a strong portfolio to prove it. Working in close collaboration with our graphic design team, this individual will ensure – with or without artistic direction – that imagery consistently meets brand standards and possesses a singular aesthetic value.
Exceptional imagery is a crucial aspect of the MONOQI customer experience, and this individual will be largely responsible for maintaining and advancing this standard. Due to the deadline-driven nature of this position, our graphics studio operates on a tight schedule and continuously meets high quality standards that are never compromised. This means that creativity, originality, adaptability, and time-management skills are of the essence. This position offers candidates an exciting opportunity to join a creative, international organisation based in the heart of Berlin and work with us as we continue to source the best design from around the world.
What you'll be working on:
- Shooting packshots and lifestyle product photography as a part of the studio production team
- Producing high quality, on brand, and consistently beautiful images with or without specific art direction
- Ensuring colour accuracy and balance exposure for each shot, efficiently and creatively, in compliance with the style guide and MONOQI standards
- Preparing sets, checking that all equipment is functioning, setting up appropriate lighting
- Assisting with styling, composition, and any necessary art components
- Correctly numbering, naming, and archiving digital files
- Cropping and processing images while maintaining file size specification guidelines
- Performing quality assurance on all images
- Managing personal workflow, ensuring all images meet daily and weekly deadlines for online sales
- Responsible for care and upkeep of all studio equipment, props, and supplies
What you'll bring to the team:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Photography or in combination with Graphic Design or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of proven experience in digital photography or in a commercial studio environment, preferably in retail; catalogue advertising is a plus
- High proficiency in still-life, lifestyle, and packshot product photography
- Advanced technical skills in studio lighting
- Advanced technical proficiency with Mac hardware and software, proficient in Photoshop, Lightroom and CaptureOne
- Ability to work well within a team and work effectively under pressure in a highly deadline-driven environment
- An assertive and constructive approach to set design
- A proactive nature: you take initiative, and are creative and detail-oriented
- Possess strong technical and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good spoken and written knowledge of English
To be considered for this role you must submit a portfolio for review.
What do we offer:
- A challenging, self-motivated position in a rapidly growing design company
- The opportunity for professional and personal development in a dynamic, international environment
- Fair, competitive, and performance-based compensation along with a special employee discount on all products offered in our online selection
- Open channels of communication, transparent decision-making, and quick decisions and results
- A creative and design-minded Studio/Warehouse workspace in Berlin-Neukolln
- Free yoga classes
Join the MONOQI team!
We look forward to receiving your application.