MONOQI is the online destination for hand-picked design. Since 2012, we have dedicated ourselves to collecting hard-to-find and limited-edition design products. With an international team representing over 25 nationalities, MONOQI searches the globe for the best contemporary design, making strong curatorial selections.
We are a multinational, enthusiastic and fun team based in Berlin with a unified vision of changing the game in the furniture industry. We are currently seeking a dynamic photography intern to support the Graphics team whilst working in our photo studio and executing the vision of the MONOQI brand through innovative and exciting product imagery. An internship with MONOQI will allow aspiring students to apply academic skills in a stimulating and creative real-life workplace and to gain insight into the inner workings of a high-volume production photo studio environment.
This person will support the MONOQI photo studio team and report directly to the team manager.
What you'll be working on:
- Assisting with product photography, including packshots and lifestyle shots
- Working with the photography team to ensure daily deadlines are met
- Assisting in merchandise preparation for daily shoots
- Reviewing equipment needs with photographers
- Assisting with set design, set building, lighting, props and other styling needs
- Asset management and any necessary art components
- Photoshoot logs, inventory handling and tracking sheets
- Assisting the photography team with daily tasks
What you’ll bring to the team:
- You are enrolled as a Bachelor's or Master's student at university/college and (a) available for a three month non-mandatory internship or (b) a mandatory/compulsory internship of up to six months (full time)
- Understanding and working knowledge of still life photography techniques, principles, equipment, and lighting techniques for commercial photography
- Working knowledge and experience with CaptureOne, Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Set building and set assembly skills with practical working knowledge of hand and power tools
- A strong interest in product design and an affinity for e-commerce
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- You have a strong aesthetic style and a great eye for detail
- You are a team player with a positive, flexible and energetic attitude
- Excellent command of English (both written and spoken), German is a plus
What do we offer:
- A chance to work closely with a successful Berlin-based design company in a creative production environment
- First-hand experience in photography and styling assistance
- The opportunity for professional and personal development in a dynamic, international environment
- Open channels of communication, transparent decision-making, and quick decisions and results
- An open, creative and design-minded Studio/Warehouse workspace in Berlin-Neukölln
- Free yoga classes
Join the MONOQI team!
We look forward to receiving your application.