MONOQI is the online destination for hand-picked design. Since 2012, we have dedicated ourselves to collecting hard-to-find and limited-edition design products. With an international team representing over 25 nationalities, MONOQI searches the globe for the best contemporary design, making strong curatorial selections.
One of MONOQI's largest shareholders is Condé Nast, which counts brands like AD Architectural Digest, GQ, VOGUE, GLAMOUR, myself, and WIRED within their German portfolio. Additionally, angel investor Christophe Maire, Dario Suter and Jochen Gutbrod have shares in MONOQI.
Based in the heart of Europe (Berlin), MONOQI’s current main markets include the German-speaking countries, UK and BeNeLux in which the company caters to more than 3 million members. The company has experienced significant growth over the past years and intends to continue and further accelerate on this path.
We are now looking for an inspiring, driven and experienced Managing Director to roll out our business in the MENA region with initial focus on Dubai and Saudi Arabia. The position is based in Dubai.
What you'll be working on:
- Setting up and launching the MENA business
- Building and leading the local team (headcount of 20-30 by end of 1H 2018)
- Rolling out a strong and winning launch campaign to push the brand and establish it on a high level early on
- Co-developing and executing the business development plan and strategies for the MENA area
- Aligning the business functions with the European HQ and team members
- Selecting, negotiating with and managing local business partners
- Leading daily/weekly internal meetings, weekly/monthly presentations in coordination with German HQ, JV Partner, and local Service Partners (e.g. Logistics, Media agencies)
- Controlling project schedule, costs and expenditures, and working to maximize profitability
What you'll bring to the team:
- At least 5 years of experience working in E-commerce in the MENA region
- Experience building a team and working with an overseas HQ to roll out a business concept in MENA
- In-depth knowledge of local social media strategies and performance marketing
- Excellent understanding of logistics, IT, product
- Highly analytical mind-set paired with a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Well-connected in the MENA region
- Passion for design and a strong understanding of brand-building
- Fluent in English, Arabic is a plus
What do we offer:
- A unique opportunity to take a leading role in a fast growing, entrepreneurial environment
- A key role in our top management team
- Competitive and performance-based compensation including stock options
- Open channels of communication, transparent decision-making, and quick decisions and results
Join the MONOQI team!