MONOQI is the online destination for hand-picked design. Founded in 2012, the Berlin-based company collects hard-to-find and limited edition design products, making them available for a short time on MONOQI.com. Now operating with a staff of more than 100 employees, MONOQI's international scouting team searches the globe for the best contemporary design, making strong curatorial selections for the company's growing customer base.
At MONOQI’s IT team, you will be at the heart of an established and growing e-commerce company that outgrows its current technical infrastructure. Be part of an enthusiastic tech team that embraces the benefits of a clean and modern system environment. Our mission is to set the technical foundation for a sustainable growth of the business throughout the years ahead. We are looking for an ambitious and dedicated engineer that is eager to join us on our journey.
What you'll be working on:
- Build and maintain automated continuous deployment, hosting and monitoring environments for PHP, JVM, Python and node.js based applications, using Linux, Ansible, CloudFormation and other AWS services
- Work closely with a team of developers, data engineers and QA engineers to understand and anticipate the agile infrastructure needs of the development and testing processes. Establish a self-service environment that enables developers and QA personnel to flexibly manage their infrastructure needs in a clean and simple way
- Design horizontally scalable and highly available environments and anticipate infrastructure growth as the business grows
- Automate everything from the start and bring in beneficial new technologies to increase the flexibility, availability and security of our e-commerce infrastructure
- Migrate existing systems to an improved infrastructure in collaboration with the development team
- Help reducing and maintaining our infrastructure costs by working in a cost-effective manner
What you’ll bring to the team:
- At least 2 years experience as DevOps Engineer
- Experience with Linux/UNIX administration
- Experience with supporting the following technology stacks: nginx, php-fpm, memcached, redis, MySQL, JVM, node.js
- Experienced in working with a modern configuration management tool, Ansible preferred
- Thorough understanding of configuration management concepts
- Experience with and high interest in AWS technologies, including CloudFormation, EC2, Route 53, Elasticache, RDS, Redshift
- Understanding of scalability, availability and security requirements of a high-traffic e-commerce website
- Demonstrated proficiency writing scripts in a standard scripting language (Bash, Python, Ruby, PHP)
- Extensive knowledge of virtualisation technologies
- Experience with continuous deployment
- Ability to work transparently and collaboratively with other technical team members, high standards in terms of creating clean structures and valuable documentation
What makes you stand out:
- Experience in managing Magento infrastructures
- Experience in managing multi-stack environments
- Experience working as a software developer or engineer in the past
- Dedicated to security expertise
What we offer:
- A quality-over-quantity approach to team management where your work has a big and direct impact on the business development.
- A wide range of technical challenges to prove your excellent skills on.
- A challenging, self-motivated position in a rapidly growing design company
- The opportunity for professional and personal development in a dynamic, international environment
- Fair compensation along with a special employee discount on all products offered in our online selection
- Open channels of communication, transparent decision-making, and quick decisions and results
- Yoga classes
- An open, creative, and design-minded workspace in Berlin-Mitte
Join the MONOQI team!
We look forward to receiving your application.