MONOQI is the online destination for hand-picked design. Founded by Simon Fabich and Felix Schlegel in 2012, the Berlin-based company collects hard-to-find and limited edition design products, making them available for a short time on MONOQI.com. Now operating with a staff of more than 100 employees, MONOQI's international scouting team searches the globe for the best contemporary design, making strong curatorial selections for the company's growing customer base.
We are a multinational, enthusiastic and fun team based in the heart of Berlin with a unified vision of changing the game in the furniture industry. And we are looking for an inspiring, engaged and motivated new member of our IT team.
What you'll be working on:
- Design and implement new features for our internal tool platform, supporting several departments in launching new design campaigns every day
- Analyze complex business challenges in close collaboration with internal stakeholders and product managers
- Design and implement fluent integrations with external systems like logistics, accounting, payment
- Contribute to architectural decisions and the implementation of framework components
- Contribute to our agile development process and its underlying toolset
What you'll bring to the team:
- A clear and analytical mindset combined with a hands-on attitude
- The ability to drive complete features from analysis phase to release
- A passion for software craftsmanship, clean code and agile methodologies
- Excellent OO engineering skills and active TDD or BDD practitioner
- Excellent Ruby programming skills and strong experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience in designing and implementing complex business software, preferably from the e-commerce domain
- Deep knowledge about databases including data modeling and query optimization
- Excellent English communication skills towards stakeholders and your development team
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with Domain Driven Design and Hexagonal Architecture is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment and infrastructure automation is a plus
What do we offer:
- A quality-over-quantity approach to team management where your work has a big and direct impact on the business development
- A wide range of business and technical challenges to prove your excellent skills on
- Lightweight development and QA processes
- A bright product team providing you with detailed BDD specifications
- A challenging, self-motivated position in a rapidly growing design company
- The opportunity for professional and personal development in a dynamic, international environment
- Fair compensation along with a special employee discount on all products offered in our online selection
- Open channels of communication, transparent decision-making, and quick decisions and results
- Yoga classes
- An open, creative, and design-minded workspace in Berlin-Mitte
Join the MONOQI team!
We look forward to receiving your application.