MONOQI is the online destination for hand-picked design. Founded by Simon Fabich and Felix Schlegel in 2012, the Berlin-based company collects hard-to-find and limited edition design products, making them available for a short time on MONOQI.com. Now operating with a staff of more than 100 employees, MONOQI's international scouting team searches the globe for the best contemporary design, making strong curatorial selections for the company's growing customer base.
We are a multinational, enthusiastic and fun team based in the heart of Berlin with a unified vision of changing the game in the furniture industry. And we are looking for an inspiring, engaged and motivated new member of our IT team.
What you'll be working on:
- Take a central role in transforming and scaling our e-commerce platform
- Be the topic-leader for Magento in a team of highly skilled and dedicated engineers
- Take responsibility for the complete software development lifecycle
- Contribute actively to creating a lean development environment by adopting principles and implementing required tool chains
What you'll bring to the team:
- Several years of experience in building Magento based e-commerce solutions
- Strong experience in handling the whole lifecycle of complex features and tasks, from analysis phase to release
- Strong analysis capabilities and the ability to slice complex tasks into independent building blocks that can be shipped iteratively
- Excellent PHP programming skills and in-depth understanding of OOP
- TDD/BDD practitioner, strong experience with PHPUnit, Behat, Codeception or similar
- Technical flexibility in all areas, choosing the one right tool for the problem at hand
- A passion for software craftsmanship, clean code and agile methodologies
- Autonomous and self-motivated in learning new skills and technologies when appropriate
- Team player and excellent communication skills
What makes you stand out:
- Experienced or highly interested in IT automation frameworks is a plus (Ansible or similar)
- Hands-on experience with deployment automation is a plus
- Expert nginx knowledge is a plus
What do we offer:
- A quality-over-quantity approach to team management where your work has a big and direct impact on the business development
- A wide range of business and technical challenges to prove your excellent skills on
- Lightweight development and QA processes
- A challenging, self-motivated position in a rapidly growing design company
- The opportunity for professional and personal development in a dynamic, international environment
- Fair compensation along with a special employee discount on all products offered in our online selection
- Open channels of communication, transparent decision-making, and quick decisions and results
- Yoga classes
- An open, creative, and design-minded workspace in Berlin-Mitte
Join the MONOQI team!
We look forward to receiving your application.